Friday, November 21, 2008

Pretty Leaves & Employees..



This year the company that I work for decided to start something new. We are going to hold an annual "company cookout". This year our destination was the SMOKEY MOUNTAINS!! =) We had been searching for quiet sometime for the perfect lodge to hold our cookout at. We finally had chosen the one!! It was called Seth's Red Oak Lodge. I've been with this company going on four years and until our company cookout had never met every single employee. It's nice to be able to put a face with the voice. We're talking about voices that I hear on a daily basis -whether it's good or bad (ha, jk). Some of them looked exactly what I would have pictured them to and others I would have never guessed. It was so crazy that we had to give out name tags because without them I didn't know who anyone was by their face or without hearing there voice first. It was actually entertaining, almost like "guess your coworker". Mrs & Mrs. Plimpton cooked up a delicious finger licking dinner. Mr. Plimpton started up the grill and barbecued some chicken, while Mrs. Plimpton was inside the lodge setting the tables and fixing desserts. We said grace, dug it and boy was it good!! After dinner Mr. & Mrs. Plimpton gave out some awards. I got the "i'll call her back award" =) After awards we took advantage of the nice gameroom. We played each other in pool, air hockey, and ping pong. All in all, it was a great day and well worth the three hour drive up. I'm already looking forward to next years annual company cookout!! Not to mention I can't wait to see my other coworkers!!

No comments: